Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Happy Easter everyone

In only four more days it will be Easter Sunday.  Can you feel the excitement?  Every year I am overwhelmed by the miracle that God gave us.  Jesus died for our sins, yours and mine.  He did this because He loves us and wants us to be able to live with Him throughout all of eternity.  This gift was not because WE deserved it.  There is no way we can earn this gift.  But Jesus paid the ultimate price because HE loves us.  To receive the blessing of this gift we have only to accept His sacrifice and accept Him as our personal Lord and Savior.  As I have said before, there was a time when I was afraid to accept this gift, because I didn't know what He might expect of me in return.  How foolish I was!  From the very first day that I accepted Him and asked Him to be the center of my life, I have known true joy.  I know I am never alone.  I know I can give all my concerns, fears or problems to Him, and He will take care of everything.  He KNOWS what I need, much better than I do, so I can trust Him to lead me in the path that is best for me.  He won't ask more of me than I can do, with His help.  Rejoice in the knowledge that Jesus fulfilled His promise to triumph over death, and show us the way.  But like any friendship, we need to develop a relationship with Him, by reading His word, by attending church services regularly and through prayer.  Enjoy the relationship He  offers all of us.  He will never let you down.

As you know, last week Gene was here to put an RV Armor coating on the roof of our home.  Last week I posted the "before" picture, so here are the "after" pictures.  Here is Gene at work on the roof.
On the right is a picture of the job, about half done with the first coat, after he had scraped off all the old caulking.
This is a picture of the finished project.  We are totally delighted with the results.  This roof surface has a warranty for the life of this RV!!!  We will never have to re-surface it like one must do with the original rubber roof surface.  To get these last two pictures, Gene put his step ladder in the bed of his truck and climbed up on it.  OMG.  I would never dare to do that.  It should not be walked on for seven days, but I can assure you I will NEVER walk on it.
On Friday night Janice was having cake and ice cream to celebrate everyone with April birthdays.  Mary decided to serve Indian tacos before the dessert.  She made them with Indian fry bread.  The fry bread can also be served for a dessert with honey and powdered sugar on top!  The couple on the right in the picture above are Gene and his wife Valerie.  They were here for work, but we enjoyed meeting these nice people and hope we will keep in touch, at least online.  They haul a 42 foot long 5th wheel trailer to live in.  It has an incredibly HUGE living room with a huge TV in it.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 60 inch TV!!!  He did an amazing job of driving that monster 5er, and backing it into the site next to ours.  I'm so glad we don't have to tow anything that big.


On Sunday we had invited Pastor Ric and his wife Mary over for dinner.  We got back from church, and tidied up the RV.  Then we got busy making dinner and setting up the table for company.  It was a beautiful, warm day, and all went well.  We had just finished eating the salad course, and were ready to serve our main course, when we got a big surprise.  Can you believe it, Joan and her husband Jim showed up at our door.  It got hectic with the dogs barking their greetings and Joan & Jim trying to get inside the house.  They only stayed a few minutes, and then left to head over to Silver City.  I really, REALLY wish they had let us know they were coming.  We could have included them in our dinner simply by moving dinner to the picnic table outside, but they said they had already had a lunch before they came here.  We won't get to see them again until we get back to California in May or June.  I'm glad they stopped here, but I sure wish they could have stayed longer.  So, Joan, next time PLEASE call ahead so we can spend more time together.  OK???

Here is another trailer we saw in TorC this past week.
 People here really like camouflage on everything!  We get a kick out of such individuality.  This was next door to a local thrift store where I found two more of the Jan Karon books in the Father Tim series.  I'm still missing seven books in the series, but I will keep looking for them.
Pastor Ric will be preaching at the Good Friday service in TorC at the Hope Springs Community Church of the Nazarene.  We have not heard him preach since 2014, so we are looking forward to this. 

Saturday we will be decorating eggs for the kids Easter egg hunt on Sunday.  Later on Sunday we are having an Easter pot luck here at the park.  I'm making a casserole of winter squash and also an impossible pumpkin pie.  Janice is a wonderful RV park manager, and she does a lot to make this place HOME for us.  She has a beautician coming up next Thursday for anyone who wants her services.  She does haircuts for both men and women.  I'm going to make an appointment for her to trim my hair.  This is especially great for anyone who can't travel to TorC to get their hair done.  

Next Wednesday Jim and I are doing a dinner for the park.  It will include BBQ chicken, potato salad, green salad, and two kinds of cake for dessert.  I hope we will have a good turnout for it.  

It's really wonderful to feel a part of the community here.  It had to be more than luck that lead us here to this park that we will be living in after next February.  Actually, I don't believe in luck.  I believe in divine providence, and this is a perfect example of that.  There are many RV parks around here that we could have stayed at back in 2015 when we came through here.  Of all the possible RV parks in Hatch, Arrey, Caballo or TorC, we chose this one.  We felt welcomed into the fellowship of this park.  Each time we returned, we felt even more like we had come home.  It was an easy choice to decide on this park for our forever home.   We need to go back to California one more time to transfer our medical care, and our dogs' care out here, but then we will be so happy to get back here next February, and get settled in for good.

I think that's all the news for now, so I will close for today.  Wishing you all the Joy and Love of this blessed season.   This is a wonderful time to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  Spring time is a time of renewal and rebirth, and you can also be re-born in Christ.  Happy Easter everyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment