Sunday, June 24, 2018

Back at Wilderness Lakes

Our last entry was written on our last night on the road, in Blythe, CA.  The next morning we got up early to start out for here.  Our first problem was that the awning wouldn't roll up properly.  After many attempts we got it up "fairly well" and we secured it with bungee cords and Velcro strips.  We got the car hooked up and drove here to Wilderness Lakes, and we found the very last 50 amp site available in the whole park!  All the way here I watched the awning in the outside mirror to make sure it was not unrolling.  God watched over us because it can be VERY dangerous if an awning unrolls while you are driving. 

 As you can see, the California dessert is very, very dry!!!!
  It took a few hours but we got all set up in our site.  Later Almita & Rueben came over to visit.  It was grand to see them again.  They left here last November or December to visit their daughter up in Simi Valley, so it had been more than half a year since we had seen them.  They had their motorhome furniture reuphostered back in February so we were anxious to see it.
 Almita & Rueben are avid bird watchers, so this upholstery is very much in the spirit of these wonderful people.  They upholstered the dinette, the couch, the front seats and the window valances, and it looks absolutely terrific!!!!

Saturday morning we had to take Willie to the vet because he had a dry, scaly patch on his nose.  After blood work and the exam he told us that Willie has what is called discoid lupus erythematous and he will be on medical treatments for the rest of his life.  We are praying that he will be OK in spite of this.  He is a sweet and loving dog.   Later that afternoon, we had to miss Candy Bar Bingo because we had the awning guy coming out to fix the roller for us.  Wouldn't you just know it...................the awning worked perfectly when he checked it!  He laughed but he did adjust it and put in some "set screws" so the problem won't happen again.  

Sunday I was really looking forward to attending church here in the park, however that didn't come to pass.  At 8 am I was hit by a terrible episode of vertigo, and felt as if the motorhome was rolling over on its side.  Jim had to practically carry me to the couch.  I expected it to pass in a few minutes, but it didn't.  I also felt like I was too dizzy to even consider going to the hospital, but when it persisted for several hours, I knew I would have to go there.  Jim drove me to Loma Linda University Hospital emergency room.  I must admit the service there is very efficient and of the best possible quality.  I was seen promptly by a nurse practitioner and tests were performed to rule out several possibilities.  I saw a doctor who prescribed medicine for the dizziness, anxiety, and nausea.  Later he talked with us again and said he saw no kind of brain injury such as an infarction or a bleed and all indications suggest that it is a problem with the inner ear causing the vertigo.  He sent me home with prescriptions for meclizine for the vertigo and zofran for nausea.  

Monday Jim dropped off the prescriptions at Wal-Mart and then up to the VA hospital pharmacy to pick up the refill of his medication, then he picked up my two medications at Wal-Mart.  I rode along because he was worried to leave me home alone.   By the time we got back, I was exhausted and laid on the couch all afternoon.  Tuesday I began to feel better and by Wednesday the vertigo seemed like a distant memory.  Thursday I made the mistake of thinking thinking maybe I didn't need to take the meclizine anymore, so I didn't take it on Thursday or Friday.  By Friday evening I was almost as dizzy as I had been on Sunday, so now I know I will have to continue taking the medication for a while longer.  I will be seeing my doctor on Thursday, so we will find out what he thinks too.

We saw this on an RV here in the park.  Jim says he sees owls now, everywhere he goes.  LOL.  We have our hooting owl and the ones that hang off the awning as well as the two on the table and the owl rug outside.   I will include more pictures next time.

My dear brother Tony and his dog Woody came to visit us on Wednesday morning and stayed until Friday morning.  It was so nice to see him after being gone for such a long time.  I am looking forward to seeing Donna & George soon, but with all this vertigo I wasn't sure when I can do that.  Hopefully we can get together this week.  I have missed them so very much.

We are still working on getting a new motor for the RV step so Jim & Greg can fix the motorized step, and we have to replace our water pump before we leave here.  Then our home will be all fixed and we will be happy campers again.  

I'm going to close now because it is time to feed the dogs their dinner.  By the way, the vet put our dogs on a diet since they had both put on weight this year.  They aren't happy about it but Millie has lost over 2 pounds and Willie has lost over 3 pounds.  All good!

Life is good and the problems we have had are just little bumps in the road.  We learn from the difficult moments, not from when everything goes as we hope it will.  Praise God for your blessings. Praise God for the lessons we learn along the way.  Praise God in all things.  Jesus loves you and He will provide for you.  Never stop thanking God for all He has given you.

Have a wonderful week ahead.  It's a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment