Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016, just a little PS note

I'm sorry to admit it, but I had forgotten to share this information in my last blog post.  My dear friend Almita, who is a devoted birder, told me that the large black and white bird that I have posted pictures of twice now, is not a turkey, as I had thought he might be.  He is, in fact a Muscovy Duck.  I could not find that one in my bird book, but I have no doubt she is correct since he is happily hanging out with other ducks here.  As they say, birds of a feather......  Many thanks to Almita for correcting me, and I look forward to our birding trip with her and Rueben next month so I can learn more about these graceful creatures.  Happy trails everyone!  
Have a great week, and stay safe, especially if you are here in California with these high winds we are having.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment