Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy to be Home

This posting will be shorter than usual, since we haven't done a lot since we got here.  It's time to slow down and relax.

When we made our reservation to come here to Wilderness Lakes, they had said they didn't have sites for us after 10/30.  So we came in and requested to be added to the waiting list to stay longer.  Two days later we were notified we can stay until November 11th, so we went ahead and put up our screen room.  YAY.  We haven't had it up in about a year, so it took us a while to figure out how to do it again.  LOL.  It is so nice to sit out there and not be bugs.  Mary arrived the same day, and brought us a gift from her stop at the Wall Drug, in South Dakota.  Wall Drug was made famous many years ago as the Free Ice Water Store. 
Marla, you didn't think they existed.  It's a Jackalope!  We haven't named him yet.  On Saturday we went to the Family Center to play "candy bar bingo", and we won four candy bars!  Not a bad day, I'd say.  The weather was very pleasant, so
we relaxed in the screen room that evening. 

On Sunday, we drove down to Garden Grove Elks for Pizza Sunday. 
Despite how it looks, I really wasn't trying to scare our dear friend Robert when I took his picture. 

The band was very good, and we had a great time line dancing.  As you may remember, we did get to do a little dancing the night we were at the Elks Lodge in Fort Smith, Arkansas, but we didn't get to dance a lot.  We danced a lot more yesterday.  It was really WONDERFUL to see so many dear friends.  Sherrie & Ron, it was grand being with you.  We missed you so much when we were away.  Ron, I was so sorry to hear of the death in your family.  Our prayers are with you both at this difficult time.

It was great to see Pastor Paul
and also Irene & Don.  She still dances circles around him, but they are so sweet and cute together.

We wished we could stay longer, but since we both have problems with night blindness and needed to get back here before dark.  Before leaving, Jim had to have one dance with Sherrie.  She never knows what to expect from him, so it's always funny to watch.  I'm not sure what he said or did to make her laugh, but it must have been good. 

It's a good thing we left when we did, because there had been an accident on the 91 freeway, and travel was slowed, by a police car looping back and forth on the road.  As it was, we were just turning into the RV Park as it got dark outside.  The dogs were glad to see us, and we were glad to be home.  It was a great day.  
Today Tony came to visit us and, of course, brought his wonderful dog Woody.  It will be wonderful having them here for a few days.  YAY!!!! 

As I said before, traveling was wonderful, but for now, we are sooooo happy to relax and stay put for a while.  For those who are thinking about traveling, do it while you can.  Don't put it off, because nobody knows what the future holds.  God has given us a wonderful world, and we should enjoy as much of it as we can.  Stay well, and keep the rubber side down.  Happy Trails everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment