Saturday, August 12, 2017

Another Day, Another Toy


This will be brief, but I wanted to add some updates to what I posted yesterday.  
First is the picture I promised I would try to take.  It's not perfect, but better than what I posted before.
Today we had to go down the hill to send out some mail, and to get a few things at Wal-Mart.  I was looking at the "As Seen on TV" section of the store, and you'll never guess what I found.  If any of you watch some of the Informercials on TV with Cathy Mitchell, you would have seen her Red Copper 5 Minute Chef.  It has intrigued me since I saw it, so today we bought one.  

I had a roll of refrigerated pizza dough, so for lunch today we made a pepperoni pizza in the 5 Minute Chef.  It turned out VERY well!  Later we tried the Stuffed Lava Cake.  We did a yellow cake and stuffed it with half of a Three Musketeers bar.  We put some whipped cream on top.  Jim lifted the cake out of the pan onto a paper plate.  The directions didn't say if you should let it cool in the pan first, which we did not do, so maybe that's why it stuck to the paper plate.  The cake was done, and tasted OK, but we will have to experiment with that recipe some more.  Tomorrow, omelets for breakfast!  And maybe another try at making a cake.......maybe with miniature peanut butter cups in it.  I will let you know in a few days how we are doing with it.  The question will be do we need a second one since it only does a single serving at a time.  On the other hand, it only takes about 5 minutes, so it isn't a long wait for the second serving.  

Bye for now.  Remember to begin each day with gratitude.  Today we were grateful that the holding tanks were still "holding".  Seriously, God is awesome, and His mercies are unlimited, so enjoy each day secure in the knowledge that God loves you and sent this day just for you.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment